management company

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears management company
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
my property is managed by a management company. My current tenants have completed the usual tenancy agreement that says they should set up a standing order or direct debit with their bank to pay the rent. this month it is a few days late and they have stated that the reason is, they are both out of the country. I have asked my management company how this can happen if they have an arrangement to pay the rent set up with their bank and what can be done about it? As its not fair to me to get the rent late if they are out of the country when it is due. they could go away same time every month for all I know and that just isn't fair to me. I asked management co. what they could do about it and how do they enforce the agreement and they said I would have to take the tenants to court for breach of contract. this is obviously extreme at this stage but I was staggered to hear that I had no other rights than wait to see when they might pay. To be honest they have indicated that they will pay once back at the weekend but it feels very loose and that the tenant holds all the cards. any thoughts please? Caroline
14/08/2015 14:12

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband