Who's safety responsibility?

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Who's safety responsibility?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
E
EmJ
78 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi again!

Please help! When creating the tenancy agreement for my flat last year, I was concerned about the ivy that grows around the gas flume outlet and made it clear to the tenants that this must be kept clear, therefore i added it as a clause in the tenancy, which my tenants agreed and signed. On a recent inspection, it is clear this is not being adhered to, and when I emailed with request that they trim it back as the gas cert is now due, the reply I got was something similar to

'If you could remind me of the location of the gas flume I will attempt to trim it back, although if I feel this is too tricky to do I will let you know. Having looked at what I assume it is, it does seem quite high up, but I will happily trim any areas that are accessible and attempt the area around the gas flume. I'll keep you posted'

Is it my job as landlord to make sure it's safe? Or is it theirs, seeing as they signed the clause to keep it clear??

I'm confused but don't want to risk being responsible!

Thank you!!
16/08/2015 23:55

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband