HOUSING ENFORCEMENT TRICKS - TENANT SECTION 21 PROCEDURE

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance HOUSING ENFORCEMENT TRICKS - TENANT SECTION 21 PROCEDURE
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
K
kev
107 Posts
11 Thanks
RLA OFFICE or other Landlords.
Can you explain to me if poss what is the difference between an "informal" and "formal" council housing enforcement notice? I received a call from an officer yesterday that visited one of my properties (without my knowledge). The tenant had received warnings off me of dog not on tenancy s#itting all over the flat and neighbours complaints about vermin due to this, plus excessive noise. This tenant is a bit conniving, and also behind in her rent, plus moved in her 17 yr old g/friend (who has no part of the tenancy. I have checked rla website and not sure what is "informal notice??" The officer said she will send me the list of problems as I requested them over the phone but most of them are caused by the tenants. Because of these problems, rent arrears, tenants causing nuisance etc I want to issue notice section 21 as section 8 might be a problem due to them paying 4 weekly???

Can this be classed as retaliatory eviction in the future, and section 21 cannot be served? Are we saying that landlords will be knackered IF a tenant complains to council BEFORE a section 21 is able to be issued in month 4 (from October 2015)???

Hope you can help
19/08/2015 20:01

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions