Advice needed about need for guarantor for high earner with low basic wage.

You are here : Member Forums Guarantor Advice needed about need for guarantor for high earner with low basic wage.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Member G
4 Posts
0 Thanks
Those anyone have experience of letting to people who rely on overtime to make a living? Should they be assessed differently?

I am using and agency to advertise, reference and complete.

I have a prospective tenant who works a contract with a small basic hours, but lots of overtime. He has shown me his wage slips for the last 6 months, and he earns a lot. I have talked to their landlord, and the family seem ideal.

The agency have asked him for a guarantor because of his low basic wage, and his landlord is willing, and is being referenced, but has not been (or used) a guarantor, and seems unaware of the commitment.

If the guarantor signs I have no worries; but what if he changes his mind? My gut feeling is that the potential tenants income is no more at risk than almost anyone's. Is that sensible? Could/should I offer the tenancy even if the previous landlord refuses to guarantee?
20/08/2015 13:40

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband