Join the Residential Landlords Association

tim

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance tim
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Housing
Housing "trusts"
5 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi, i have an ex housing association flat in my portfolio, TF10.It is in a small 3 storey block of 9 flats. The housing association hold the freehold and run the maintenance for communal spaces repairs etc.
Over the years i have complained several times regarding the excessive charges being invoiced for "major works" to leaseholders.(£1600 this year on top of service charge and service charge overspend of £750) similar year on year.
These works are often in my opinion unnecessary and dont represent good value for money. I strongly suspect that leaseholders are being charged the lions share of the true cost of these works. I also know the works could be done to the same or higher standard much cheaper, and yet we are being "fleeced" an association should achieve much more favourable quotes than an individual???
Complaining to the housing association Telford & Wrekin Housing Company (formerly Housing Trust) is getting me no where.

Do you know of any oversight or ombudsman that these companies operate under? or any limits to "major works" charges to leaseholders?
It is becoming a year on year recurring theme and is making the property untenable as an investment or a home.

I seriously believe that an investigation into these Housing "trusts" is long overdue and would be very revealing to say the least.

23/09/2019 09:21

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions