tenant wants one month's extension

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 tenant wants one month's extension
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
bini
331 Posts
35 Thanks
We signed new tenants (mum and son - both adult - in march)for 6 months, everything was well till girlfriend wanted to move in , She moved in hardly for a week or so ,didn't get on well with mother in law - then son and his girlfriend moved out- by the month 4- standing order was cancelled , i did still get my money but mum just use silent trick- like i asked where is my rent- she goes silent and then later son transfers money into my account. so far they have been late 4 days but have paid , in July , i throw section 21 and asked them to leave by 15th September - son and his girlfriend out, mum can't afford anything on her own. Rent due 7th of this month, now son texted me if i can allow one more month so mum can find suitable place- in reality ,it will be hard !
In reality - i don't want to take this to court as its an expensive and lengthy procedure!

What should be my next step ? any advice please?

01/09/2015 18:20

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband