Tenant Refusing Access for essential repairs or Gas Check or renewal of tenancy

You are here : Member Forums Access Tenant Refusing Access for essential repairs or Gas Check or renewal of tenancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Cool Tempo
6 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, bit of a complex first post.

I have a tenant that has suddenly started becoming uncooperative after being very little trouble for a number of years. The downstairs owner has a water leak which looks to be coming from the tenants bathroom, but she is refusing me access to investigate - directing me to her lawyer & council. She was not receiving housing when first signed, but appears that this has changed at some point. She has also refused access for a gas check, stating she has paid for one herself via the council and can not provide proof. Checking with the Council they can not provide me with confirmation when requested, and the solicitor does not have her on record. I've provided her with written request for access, but maintains that we talk to the solicitor who has no knowledge of her.

She is paying regularly with no issues, but the complex part is that due to lack of management from the original agent, I want to have her sign the tenancy agreement with me directly. Currently it is rolling renewal, but have not been invoiced for over 18 months by the agent and an oversight on the deposit scheme being actioned. Original intention was therefore to get the agreement in place along with deposit on the renewal as she had been very good tenant.

Options?
02/09/2015 12:15

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband