Changing the managing agents

You are here : Member Forums Other Changing the managing agents
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
Nige Howarth
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi and I wonder if you can help with this dilemma. I am one of 28 leaseholders at a development in Kettering, originally built by Kings Oak (now part of Barratts) between 2005 - 2007. Collectively we are very unhappy with the current managing agents and have formed a group, with me as the chair, to oversee a change in managing agents. Our individual leases have a clause which allows us to change agents as long as we have a majority of 50% of the leaseholders, which we have. The problem is that there does not appear to be an existing management lease so we are unable to change the agents as the new agents don't have anything that explicitly defines their responsibilities and obligations. It's not a problem to the existing managing agents as they are specifically referenced, by name, in the individual leaseholder purchase agreements, which I understand is very unusual. I have engaged the services of a solicitor and thanks to my prompting we eventually located the freeholders solicitors but they wish us to pay for the creation of this 'missing' management lease - I feel that's absolutely wrong. My contention is that someone, somewhere has been negligent in not having this management lease in place and I, on behalf of the group, refuse to pay for the privilege. I'm now in contact with the original solicitors who acted on behalf of Kings Oak to see if they can find anything in their archives. Any suggestions on what else we could try and do?
Thanks & regards
Nige Howarth
07/09/2015 10:31

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband