Reclaiming court costs from deposit?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Reclaiming court costs from deposit?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Caitlin19
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello,
I've issued a S21 and my tenant has informed me that she will stay until she is evicted as she wants a council house and cannot make herself voluntarily homeless. Can i reclaim the court/solicitor costs from her deposit? I use custodial DPS and they say no its just for rent arrears/repairing/decorating.

However the AST states 'Monies shall be properly deducted from the Deposit in respect all reasonable costs and expenses incurred by the Landlord (including but not limited to the costs and fees of the Landlord's solicitors and other professional advisers) in respect of:
5.3.2 The enforcement of any provisions of the Agreement
5.3.3 Compensation in respect of the Tenant's use and occupation in the event that the Tenant fails to vacate the Property on the due date.
5.3.8 Compensation for the breach of any terms of this agreement

Have I got to take all the costs of evicting her on the chin or can i get it back from the deposit or some other means?

Thankyou in advance for anyone who takes the time to impart some wisdom!
16/09/2015 13:01

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband