previous tenants' post

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy previous tenants' post
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
20 Posts
0 Thanks
My previous tenants had problems with paying the rent but I eventually managed to squeeze all due payments out of them before they left. THey gave no forwarding address and I didn't want one as I'd had my rent.

However, my current tenant is now plagued by previous tenants' mail.
Some of it is junk mail which I have told him to put in the bin, or return marked 'not this address'. However, he is concerned by what appear to be chasing letters for my last tenants, especially from suppliers.

All relevenat authoritites have been notified of the outgoing and incoming tenants. Is there anything that we can, or ought, to do other than return the mail unopened? My tenant is concerned that he may be blacklisted or indeed that the property might be?

Is my tenant being overly concerned?

Also, the current tenant says that with previous tenancies he has had to provide proof of re-direction of mail before he got his deposit back. Is this something worth considereing for future agreements. It seems a bit draconian to me?

Any help gratefully received.

Ursula

31/10/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions