To use section 8 or 21(1((b)

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears To use section 8 or 21(1((b)
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
Dash_448
22 Posts
0 Thanks
Advice please. I have a tenant who has been in my property since Oct 13 no deposit but a guarantor.6 months AST now rolling periodic. Section 21(1)(b) served on 18.02.14 advising repossession required after 09.05.14. The tenant will be 3 months in arrears with rent at the end of September but he has promised to pay 3 months from his student loan once it is received at the end of September. The letting agent has asked me if I want them to issue a section 8 as tenant is now 8 weeks in arrears but their service record is only their post book they do not issue it in person. Having never used a section 8 and after reading some advice about Section 8 on the various forum posts I am considering just using the section 21 (1)(b) and if he does not pay at the end of September then applying to the courts for a repossession order as I have done in the past. So advice needed please is section 21 a more straight forward route than section 8. many thanks in advance for your advice
18/09/2015 14:04

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband