One of two tenants has gone

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 One of two tenants has gone
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Ed Syrett
19 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi All,

Here's an interesting situation.

I have a property that has been rented out for over 3 years to a man and woman. The man has paid the rent as the woman has no income.

The woman has left the property and has stolen and caused damage to the male tenants property. He called the police and she now has an arrest warrant. The female tenant has not left any forwarding address.

The male tenant has told me that he wishes to stay on in the property. He has been a very good tenant, has taken care of the property and I would also like to keep him on. He has asked for a new tenancy agreement in his name only.

However, the main problem for me is that the female tenant is still on the tenancy agreement, so I guess she can legally still live in the property. Despite the fact that female tenant now has an arrest warrant, I'm struggling to find any grounds for issuing any notice to quit.

Could somebody advise me what I need to do before issuing a new tenancy agreement in the male tenants name?

Thanks,

Ed.
20/09/2015 18:45

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband