Tenant failed to pay deposit, anti social behaviour, selling my furniture and agent not helping

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Tenant failed to pay deposit, anti social behaviour, selling my furniture and agent not helping
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Milind Keer
33 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi

In June 2015 I have rented my 2 bed house to a family with 2 kids through Agent and I have signed 1 year ATS. Agent put a clause in deposit section that tenant will pay 400 deposit on 1st June 2010 which he did and remaining deposit will be paid on 1st July 2015. Agent didn't disclose this clause to me verbally and I also didn't notice while signing the contract. Agent did the credit check and send me credit report which shows Tenant Assessment Score 180 which was good as per the report.

When I asked agent about Deposit Protection Scheme in the month of July he disclosed that they yet to receive full deposit and chasing tenant to get it. I requested my agent many times to collect the deposit and put it in a deposit protection scheme but as of mow he hasn't done it neither tenant has paid it.

Further to this the neighbours called me and told me that they see many people coming and going out of the house and they think there are many people living there. They also sent me one pic with mattresses in the conservatory. They also complaint about lot of rubbish around the house and throwing cigarettes to their compounds.

I called my Agent and asked to investigate this but initially they didn't do anything and told me they spoke to tenant and all is ok! then asked me to tell my neighbours to contact them directly which one of the neighbour did. Agent then called me and said they will visit the house in couple of days. When I called and asked about feedback they said they didn't go and will book another appointment. Eventually agent visited the house after few weeks and sent me pictures which shows house is neat and tidy but then I realised the sofa I had given to my tenant is missing from the reception room and could see new sofa and a bed. When I asked about it Agent said tenant has thrown away my sofa because they found bed bugs in it. I said how can they do that? and Agent didn't have any answer for that. The sofa I had provided was from DFS and price I had paid (in 2012) was approx 2800. I am quite sure they must have sold that sofa and noway I would believe they just have thrown it.

I am chasing my agent to get rid of these tenants by giving them notice because
1. Breach of Contract - deposit not paid
2. Anti social behaviour - All neighbours are ready to give written complaint
3. They are selling my furniture

But Agent is not very sportive and all the time taking tenants side.

Please advice what step I need to take and how can I get rid of these doggy tenants?

Your help advise and help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

22/09/2015 21:12

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions