Join the Residential Landlords Association

Gas Safety Certificates MOT type flexibility

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Gas Safety Certificates MOT type flexibility
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
landlordray
landlordray
16 Posts
4 Thanks

There was a change in the Gas Safety regulations in April 2018 which means that Landlords can get their Gas Safety Certificates done up to 2 month prior to the expiry date of their current Certificate but retain the original expiry date.

Today I had a boiler service and GSC done ( it is due to be done prior to 4th November 2019 - the expiry date)

I have spent some time this morning trying, in vain, to convince the engineer that although the work has been done today, ( 9th October 2019 ) the renewal date for the new Certificate should be 4th November 2020.
He was shown last years GSC dated to expire on 4th November 2019 as evidence of the renewal date.

Whilst I agreed that he should put in today's date to show when the work was completed, he would not show the 'renewal date ' as 4th November 2020 but said it would have to be for 12 months time to expire on 8th October 2020.

Bearing in mind the new regulations have been in place for 18 months, has anyone else encountered any resistance from their Heating Engineers ?

He did say however, that I could wait until 4th November 2020 for the next GSC and that would be fine. ( even though the recently issued GSC would expire on 8th October 2020 )

This member has been thanked by 2 members for this post.
09/10/2019 14:04

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions