warrant for bailiffs and possession

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy warrant for bailiffs and possession
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Anila
23 Posts
0 Thanks
Can someone please advise me if they have had a similar problem to me. Basically, I let my property through housing Benefits (rent deposit Scheme). Initially the tenant was getting full rent, but as her circumstances changed, of which she didn't inform me, her rent was reduced to quarter of what she should be paying. The tenant refused to pay the rent and has arrears of over 5,000. I got possession order but she refused to move out. I have now got bailiffs going in on 6th Feb 2008, but have heard from the court today to say that there is another hearing on 4th Feb 2008 as the tenant has applied for suspension fo the warrant on the grounds that she received the Notice of Eviction late.

Has anyone had similar situation and could they please advice me what I should do. If at the hearing on 4th Feb, the court decides to extend the stay to another say 14 days, do we need to instruct the bailiffs again, should she not move out, or will the court automatically do that?

29/01/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband