Hired a Chartered Surveyor to get re-built value but no written report.

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Hired a Chartered Surveyor to get re-built value but no written report.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
nijjhar
155 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi,

A Chartered Surveyor badly acting:-

He charged me £125.00 including VAT and after a while, he did the survey for re-build value and sent me an e-mail with calculations. When I requested him to send me by post confirming what he has done, he refused to do so. He told me that he does not send that but just the e-mail.

This is his letter quoting me the price:-

Further to your enquiry through www.localbuildingsurveyor.co.uk and our earlier telephone conversation you do not need a Building Survey, what you are looking for is someone to visit the house, take the required measurements and then calculate a reinstatement cost for buildings insurance purposes. We have the required software published by the Building Cost Information Service of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to be able to carry out such work and our fee would be £125 (no VAT).

My co-Director and I have each carried out survey and valuation work in the Leigh & Wigan area for over 30 years and if you instruct Edwards Genesis one of us will carry out the work personally – it will not be delegated to a “junior” surveyor and we are not a “call centre” operation so we do not use “zero hours” surveyors or outside consultants.

What do you think of such Surveyors?
29/09/2015 23:04

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions