Section 21 and repairs problem

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Section 21 and repairs problem
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
Ben 29
36 Posts
1 Thanks
Hello

I am currently having a problem with my DSS tenant that is consistently 2-3 weeks in rental arrears. It appears that they are purposely keeping their arrears under the 8 week limit to stop me from receiving direct payments from the Housing Association.

I have upheld my duty as the landlord by fixing all faults and damages they complain about even whilst I'm not receiving full rent. They complained a few months ago about the garden wall leaning and since I have been trying to find out who has ownership of the wall between the property next door. The tenant is implying that the wall is dangerous, The handy man has said it isn't but could do with fixing sometime in the future. Since their 4th late payment they haven't allowed the builder to gain access to the wall to carry out the works even though they have been at home. They are not answering the agency's calls or letters either.

Where do I stand if I want to serve a Section 21? Can the tenants damage the wall further and claim that I haven't upheld my duty to fix it or even if they claim an accident has happened due to the wall can this come back on me if I can prove that the handyman has been sent to carry out the works?

Also there is a problem with fly tipping behind the property, This may cause a pest situation. Will the council be responsible for any pest control and clean up or will it be my responsibility. The rubbish is not on the property land boundaries.

06/10/2015 17:33

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband