Advice on getting the tenant to leave on the last day of the tenancy

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Advice on getting the tenant to leave on the last day of the tenancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
5 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a very difficult tenant whose fixed term agreement is coming to an end next week. She is refusing to leave.

The matter is somewhat complicated by the fact that a friend of her's has paid the deposit for her and is stated as such on the tenancy agreement. Her friend has told me explicitly that the monies should be returned to him at the end of the tenancy agreement directly (as he no longer trusts her)

I contacted her today to ask what time would be best for the check out inventory to take place and her reply was as follows:

"I'm afraid I can not move out without deposit paid before as I will need to pay it for another flat. Otherwise I will become voluntarily homeless. If you have any issues with it I will wait until it's paid or I can save up enough for my deposit. At this point I have no where to go without my deposit"

The deposit was six weeks deposit. She has refused to pay the last month's rent which means there will not be much left to return at any rate despite the fact that it will go directly to her friend and not her.

Any advice on how to convince her to leave?

A section 21 notice has been served two months ago, but I would much prefer she leaves out of her own accord as court proceedings will not be beneficial for either me or her.

08/10/2015 16:56

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband