JOINT TENANTS APPLYING, WIFE FOREIGN NATIONAL - RISK?

You are here : Member Forums Other JOINT TENANTS APPLYING, WIFE FOREIGN NATIONAL - RISK?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Husband and wife applicants for 12 month AST in my flat; he is British but she Filipino. He is self-employed, she starting new job later this month. Ages: him 31, her 25.
They say they were married in 2012, provided me with a copy of Filipino Certificate of Marriage, I have no way of telling if it is genuine.
Been living together for 3 years in his parents house in the same town.
Provided copy of a Home Office "Grant of Leave to Remain" in the UK for 30 months from 3 September 2015 (expiring 31 March 2018) and a copy of the Biometric Residence Permit. Again, I have no way of telling they are genuine.

Question: am I taking a risk by granting them, or even just him, a tenancy? If they split I could be left with just her - immigration status precarious and unable to pay the rent (she's only on c.11,000 salary, he's on c.28,000 self-employed).
I'm in two minds. Any advice please?
19/10/2015 00:05

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband