Join the Residential Landlords Association

Mouse

You are here : Member Forums Other Mouse
Spitfire1
Spitfire1
9 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi.
Our tenant has text me to say she has found a mouse/small rat in her 5 year old son's bedroom. She saw it go into a cupboard in the bedroom, and there is a hole in the floor, and mouse/rat droppings.
She has searched the rest of the house, outbuildings & garden, no more droppings were found.
We have owned this house for 12 years, this is the first instance of a mouse.
2 weeks ago we attempted an inspection - the tenant couldn't be there, even though we had booked it and sent a reminder 10 days prior to the date. We still went as I had told my hubby the privets were overgrown, even thought they should keep them tidy we cut the privets. I text our tenant saying how disappointed we were with the garden as rubbish was everywhere, a few texts followed and they've promised it will be sorted this weekend when we go back to do an internal inspection and repair a window catch.
My point to all this is do we as landlords arrange for removal of the mouse/rat or is it the tenant's responsibility.
If it is ours, can your members suggest a good company.
Thank you

17/10/2019 19:07

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions