Lack of council repairs is affecting my tenants. They are threatening to leave

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Lack of council repairs is affecting my tenants. They are threatening to leave
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
I am the owner of an ex council maisonette in tower Hamlets. The property has been tenanted for the past 7 years without a problem. For the past 4 months, my tenants have been complaining of a noise coming from internal pipes.
We reported this to the council and they sent the repairs team to investigate. As a result of the investigation, we leaned that the problem was with a communal water pipe and the responsibility is with the council. Since then, nothing has been done. The noise is getting louder and louder to the point when my tenants can no longer enjoy a good night sleep. The noise come and goes at irregular but frequent intervals to the point when living in the flat is becoming too stressful. I personally phoned and wrote to the council. I sent a letter to the leasehold department and to the repairs department. The leasehold team phoned me saying this was not their problems but they have forwarded my complain to the repairs team. They asked me to wait 10 working days before calling the repairs team. They gave me the name of the person responsible for contractors. Whenever I call that person no one picks up the phone. When I call the repairs team to injury about the progress, they just sent the contractors avian for the same investigation. My tenants are about to give me a notice. What are my options? Please help.
24/10/2015 06:21

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband