Miss Kansal

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Miss Kansal
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Sangita
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I had a bad experience with my insurance company called legal4landlords when I took out a rent protection policy. They did not advise me that I needed a deed of guarantee for my tenants' guarantor even when I asked them. When I made a claim at a later stage they wanted a lot of forms including the deed of guarantee which I did not have due to their negligent advice. They used this against me and did not even bother to listen to the tape recorded conversation for over 6 weeks. I even got the deed of guarantee signed and produced it but they said they would not accept late documents. They were rude to me and their underwriters CIGNA did not do much to help either.

A big developer called Explore Living had used this company on a large scaled and they informed me that they had similar problems as me and legal4landlords would find any way they could for not paying out and also charged more money than other rent insurance companies. This developer is no longer going to use them.

I have now gone to the Financial Services Ombudsman about my complaint and I have reported this to the FSCA. I want to know if anyone else has had any problems with this very new pop up company. I would never use them again in future.
28/10/2015 12:43

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband