New tenants signed the assured shorthold tenancy agreement, but now want to cancel.

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management New tenants signed the assured shorthold tenancy agreement, but now want to cancel.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
F
Flat Eric
22 Posts
1 Thanks
Dear Dave,
I need your advice. I recently advertised my property and found new tenants, who sign the assured shorthold tenancy agreement with effect from 1st of December for 6 months. That was a week ago, and today he phoned me and said they have split up and he cannot take the house anymore and wants the full bond back. The bond is already in DPS, and the both parties have been notified. When he and his girlfriend sign the agreement, I amended the part, where it states they have to give "one month/4 weeks" notice to end the contract to "one month and a half/6 weeks" to end the contract. I made them aware that this part has been amended, and they signed the contract with that knowledge. So, I am sure that he hasn't given us enough notice not to move in on the 1st of December, anyway, but am I correct? Will I be able to keep the bond so that I don't have to lose one month rent while I look for the new tenant, or are they entitled to a full refund? Thank you so much for your help and looking forward to hearing from you soon. Best wishes,
01/11/2015 11:45

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband