anti social tenants advise

You are here : Member Forums Other anti social tenants advise
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
David.
119 Posts
2 Thanks
Good morning

I wonder if you can give me some advice please.

Over the weekend I received a phone call from the next door neighbour of a tenant of mine. The neighbour called complaining of abuse and anti-social behaviour from my tenant.

Apparently the neighbour has just put up some type of conservatory which is legal but my tenant is not happy with and was drunk, screaming and shouting and also cause some physical damage to the conservatory. She also told me they have people around late and cause noise etc. on a regular basis

My tenants a couple are both on sick benefit, they are in their forties and have been my tenants for just over a year. I have never had any previous problems and unfortunately I have just given them a new 12 month tenancy agreement as I was not aware of any of these issues.

Please can you advise what actions I can take and let me know what my responsibility is here? The neighbour (and I do sympathise with here) is saying that ultimately it is my responsibility as the landlord. Is this true? Or is it a civil matter between the neighbours? I have in the meantime explained that I cannot simply throw them out and that if there was any criminal damage she should report it to the police.

Thank you for your time and advise.

Kind regards

David.
02/11/2015 09:34

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband