Retaining Initial Holding Deposit

You are here : Member Forums Other Retaining Initial Holding Deposit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
charlie_164
206 Posts
26 Thanks
I agreed to let a 2 bed flat to 3 adults ( 30 year old son and his mother and her partner) I used RLA referencing which they passed and then the RLA form for Holding deposit. We have had numerous conversations via email and text and the older couple even came at my invitation to check the vacant property this week so we could discuss any issues.
We met today at the property to sign contracts and hand over keys and only now did the mother tell me that the son had a daughter and girlfriend who would also be moving in!
When the son had first called about the property I asked him who would be moving in, and again clarified this when they initially came to view.
I refused to sign the contract today on the grounds that this is only a 2 bed flat and not big enough for 5 people.
Am I within my rights to retain the deposit quoting section 7 of the Deposit form 'Where the Proposed Tenant/s (or any of them) provides false,
misleading or incorrect referencing information'
07/11/2015 16:55

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband