Tied into a letting agency

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Tied into a letting agency
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Wendy1234
17 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi hoping for little advise.... I have a multishare property in Stevenage. The fees in the contract are:

Full management, 10% + VAT of the gross rent per month and this continues with tenants they found even if i cancel contract as long as they stay there.

£150 tenant finder fee.

Nothing about maintenance and receiving deliveries but I have just been told a new fridge is needed for £125 and want to charge £60 for arranging receiving it.

Is all of this legal as none of this disclosed on their website and according to this article:

www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/buytolet/article-3102364/New-rules-mean-lettings-agents-display-fees.html

They have to disclose everything on their website and nothing is on there. The contract doesn’t mention arranging delivery charges (or anything about maintenance).

I asked when signing the contract and was told that arranging things like maintenance was included in the management fee.

So my question is: Am I stuck with this charge and any others, should i complain to the council, do I have any way of getting out of this contract?

Thanks for any help!
13/11/2015 17:14

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions