Join the Residential Landlords Association

Track bad tenants

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Track bad tenants
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Oscar Templeton
Oscar Templeton
5 Posts
0 Thanks

Dear Sir, I let my London flat to two persons, who I was led to understand were a couple and intended to live in the flat. They did not do so and advertised rooms to lodgers using When I discovered they were sub-letting without my authority I gave them notice using Form 6A. There had been 5 persons living there. I found that no council tax, gas, electric, water, and wifi had not been paid for the whole of the tenancy, and after giving notice, they stopped paying rent, and stole furniture and fittings. Total loss around £8,000. I should like to track these crooks down but calling at their declared previous residences (council flats) has not got me anywhere, yet. One of the tenants was operating under a different name to what his EU citizen passport said. Rent4Sure did the referencing through my estate agent. I am seeking advice on how to find these bad tenants and sue them in the small claims court to recover my losses. I need a postal address to start with. Where do I go from here?

01/11/2019 16:29

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions