Join the Residential Landlords Association

I paid for fire damage and my letting agent gave it to my tenant.

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents I paid for fire damage and my letting agent gave it to my tenant.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
nijjhar
nijjhar
180 Posts
3 Thanks

Hi,

I had letting Agent who had two members from the Citizen Advice Bureau on their Board membership. My tenant used to claim that the kitchen in my property was her property and she paid for it. Unfortunately, there was a kitchen fire and I asked the tenant if she had an Insurance to cover it? She told me no. So, I told the insurance company that the kitchen belonged to me. So, my letting agent got me a builder who was not the Council's good traders list. My letting agent got the quotation for all that was needed and I sent it to my insurance company. They approved it and the letting agent instructed this builder to carry on the work. Soon, my tenant started to claim that she bought this and that kitchen unit and so I asked my letting agent to get the break down of items supplied under Kitchen quotation. But she won't get the information under one excuse or the other. In fact, the builder, letting agents colluded together to let my tenant have all that was replaced under my insurance. I wrote to my letting agent if they work for or against me when I pay you for the services? Letting agent replied that they work for both my tenant and myself. This action was saltless in that I paid to my letting and they pitched my tenant against me and told them many other things to claim against me.

Now, I applied for the rent increase to the fair rent office and the tenant wrote that she made improvements and paid for all the damage done by the fire whereas I use to pay for all the repairs done to my property. My tenant used to buy the rent book of her own to enter the rent dates of her own and charged me £1.00. She used to not show me the old rent Books under the excuse that she had misplaced it. That reflects her honesty.

In short, I paid for all the repairs and improvements but this fire-damage paid by me and the letting agent gave to her for free. This letting agent had two members of the CAB on their board work.

I want to lodge a complaint against the CAB for this biased treatment against me. I am an Asian university retired lecturer and my tenant is English. It seems to me that my letting agent is racist. Could I say this in my complaint to CAB?

04/11/2019 08:28

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions