Police raid

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Police raid
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Just Jane
3 Posts
0 Thanks
My letting agent put tenants into one of my properties on 25/10/06
on 7/11/06 the police raided the property, damaging the door &frame.
It turns out that this was a drugs raid. The male tenant had given all false references &i.d.& false name. The female gave the correct name, both are named on the tenancy agreement.
Both are in police custody and I understand that a large amount of drugs were seized.
The 2 young children &2 teenagers are at her mums.
My letting agent has said that he carried out all the appropriate checks before accepting them.
Clearly his system failed somewhere! Perhaps thats unfair but what ever happened perhaps an additional check can be a photo driving license with an ultra violet light to show the emboss.
That aside, we only found out on Saturday 11/11/06 that the door had been forced &was screwed shut from the maintenance agent who had our phone number. I phoned the letting agent who as of yet has not been into the property. He left a letter yesterday giving notice of land lords inspection. The police have been to see him &taken a statement. His head office so far have been helpful saying that :This is the first time that anything like this has happened.
They are also saying that when they can make contact with her that the will ask her to surrender the tenancy, if not then a section 8 notice for immoral use of the property will be put into effect.
Please can you advise if there is anything else that should be done? Any help would be appreciated.
15/11/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband