Can I reclaim locksmith costs via other tenant's landlord?

You are here : Member Forums Other Can I reclaim locksmith costs via other tenant's landlord?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
TheUKLandlord
7 Posts
0 Thanks
Our tenant called us tonight saying that they had been locked out of the communal main outside door. Their keys wouldn't work. They said that it was likely that the problem lay with the top Yale lock.

There are 2 flats behind the main door and my tenants said that yesterday when they came to unlock the communal outside door from the inside the little switch on the lock was in the locked position. Annoying. So they assumed that the same had happened tonight when they couldn't get in from the outside.

We had to call a locksmith out because they couldn't get the attention of the neighbours. The locksmith used a tool through the letterbox to knock the switch on the top lock. They're now in safely. It cost us 90.

How do I claim this money back from the other landlords tenants? They are very unhelpful. They were in the flat at the time but didn't respond. Having got through the door my tenant then knocked as she heard them inside the flat but they again ignored her. It doesn't sound like it'll be easy to get money from them. What should I do? Is it possible to claim the money from their landlord. I have her contact number and email address
29/11/2015 23:19

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband