Guarantor query

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Guarantor query
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
Beatrice
15 Posts
2 Thanks
I have just recently served a Section 21(1) notice on a married couple to regain possession of the house (assisted with good advice from the landlords advice team) I discovered that they had in fact split up and as their circumstances had changed I wanted to give them notice. The husband now works but his wife is claiming benefits and they have two children. The rent was not fully paid last week but since serving the notice the wife states she has the rent but won't pay because her 'friends' have told her she can't be evicted with children.

I have a guarantor who by coincidence rang me today, not being aware that I had been told this about the rent withheld. The guarantor is the step father of the husband and obviously he would now like to distance himself from this situation. Am I correct that he is still legally tied to the agreement even though he has now changed his mind as his step son is no longer in the house. The couple were on a periodic statutory agreement.
30/11/2015 17:56

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband