Letting Agent put in a housing benefit tenant instead of private tenant - did not tell me

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Letting Agent put in a housing benefit tenant instead of private tenant - did not tell me
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
John B
2 Posts
0 Thanks
I discovered that Agent had put in a Housing Benefit tenant without telling me. I am in a situation where after serving a Standard Possession order I am inundated with numerous complaints/issues that I guess are a ruse to show to the court that I have been a sub-standard landlord and now want to get rid of this "exploited tenant". To give an example we had a boiler problem and it took me 4 days to find an engineer to replace the boiler and get a Gas Safety Cert - I was told on a Friday night and had a new boiler in and up and running by Tuesday !!
I know the Possession process will be an absolute nightmare and cost thousands, I want to make the Agent more accountable as this tenant was not what we agreed. Can I claim costs against them on the basis that they breached my instructions regarding the tenant profile. I have multiple units and this is the only one managed by this agent and I spend 50% of my time dealing with this one as compared to the time spent on a dozen others put together.. Pragmatic guidance appreciated
01/12/2015 23:36

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband