Join the Residential Landlords Association

"Graceful" eviction?

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion "Graceful" eviction?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Silverfox
Silverfox
973 Posts
226 Thanks

We have had tenants for over ten years - they have had two kiddies, and thankfully have kept the place clean and tidy, and always paid due rent.
We now wish to sell the property. In April I gave the tenant notice that I would not renew her AST in August, and requested she find alternative accommodation. I even took her to the local agent I deal with to discuss her options, I gave her and the agent copies of a "glowing" reference.
To date she has found nowhere suitable (in her estimation I guess) We are now getting a tad fed up with this scenario - I have written (but not posted) a letter saying we would press the matter further after Christmas - but I guess all she will do is take the letter to the CAB and then I will have them to deal with (NASTY CRUEL landlords!)
Any suggestions as to way forward? Oh, and to compound matters, Barking are screaming for their £500 yearly licence fee.

11/11/2019 09:09

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions