Join the Residential Landlords Association

"Graceful" eviction?

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion "Graceful" eviction?
Silverfox
Silverfox
947 Posts
217 Thanks

We have had tenants for over ten years - they have had two kiddies, and thankfully have kept the place clean and tidy, and always paid due rent.
We now wish to sell the property. In April I gave the tenant notice that I would not renew her AST in August, and requested she find alternative accommodation. I even took her to the local agent I deal with to discuss her options, I gave her and the agent copies of a "glowing" reference.
To date she has found nowhere suitable (in her estimation I guess) We are now getting a tad fed up with this scenario - I have written (but not posted) a letter saying we would press the matter further after Christmas - but I guess all she will do is take the letter to the CAB and then I will have them to deal with (NASTY CRUEL landlords!)
Any suggestions as to way forward? Oh, and to compound matters, Barking are screaming for their £500 yearly licence fee.

11/11/2019 09:09

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions