Join the Residential Landlords Association

TENANT HAVING PROBLEMS WITH NOISY DRUNKEN NEIGHBOURS

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion TENANT HAVING PROBLEMS WITH NOISY DRUNKEN NEIGHBOURS
Mellors500
Mellors500
84 Posts
6 Thanks

Our tenant is having problems with noisy drunken brawls from the couple living next door regularly going on well into the early hours and sometimes starting at 3 - 4 am. He is reluctant to complain to them direct as he feels there could be reprisals as they are quite a rough couple who have quite a bad reputation with the neighbours. Our previous tenants approached these people and had problems thereafter ultimately having to leave due to abuse and arguments putting them in fear. The new tenant needs his sleep as he works long hours and is very upset having spoken to neighbours who told him the police have been called in the past and numerous complaints made. My previous tenants gave me the landlord's name and I messaged him on facebook with no response. I did a Land Registry check but the owner is registered to the address. I contacted the council Environmental Health Dept. who took me as complainant and sent a monitoring pack to our tenant by email. I have suggested he call the police anonymously with no hesitation in future as they will apparently respond to domestic arguments without disclosing who complained. Can anyone suggest what else I can do as it's going to take time to monitor the situation and have the council inspector intervene?

14/11/2019 12:13

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions