Revenge evcition? When does the legislation kick in?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Revenge evcition? When does the legislation kick in?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Teg's Dad
94 Posts
0 Thanks
I am confused with the new legislation. I have a tenant who has complained over the past year of various problems, each has been remedied with one exception. That exception being there are rats (allegedly) in the semi-detached properties. So far I have spent nearly 1000 with drain inspections, pest control and having the insulation removed after rat droppings were found. Having had the drains, that are accessible on my property, surveyed, there are no access points. It is therefore possible that they are accessing from either the other semi or even the drains of the next house along.

I have exhausted my reserves and, since the house was lived in by me, when younger, my parents for almost 60 years and me after the death of my father, I have the right to move back in and the appropriate notice was issued to the tenant at the start of the tenancy. The tenant has now involved the council (Housing Enforcement Officer) who have yet to visit. Therefore they cannot issue any Hazard repair Notice.

Am I legally permitted to issue a Section 21 notice to my tenant and move back in?
15/12/2015 20:32

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband