Join the Residential Landlords Association

Electrics in HMO

You are here : Member Forums Other Electrics in HMO
Ksb_hmo
Ksb_hmo
1 Posts
0 Thanks

We are converting our first hmo from a 2 bed to a 5 bed all en suite hmo, the contractor advised us to remove gas and go with all electric and had installed 5 electric showers as well as electric radiators and other electric appliances. (Cooler fridge tv washer/dryer etc)

During our epc certification I was told that we needed 3 phase power as single phase wouldnít be enough to support all the load. Iíve had other electricians also state the same, however the contractor is arguing that itís fine and that our current set up will support the load, and has provided me with an electrical installation certificate that shows everything as satisfactory. The renovations have all been completed and we have received all the certs including fire certs, pat test, and epc.

Iím unsure as to how to proceed, should I still look into 3 phase and how much could this cost?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

17/11/2019 13:13

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions