Can I issue a holiday let instead of an AST/ How would I repossess if lettee failed to leave

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Can I issue a holiday let instead of an AST/ How would I repossess if lettee failed to leave
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Tom39
150 Posts
5 Thanks
Dear Sirs,

I have recently advertised for a replacement AST tenant for one of my properties. I have had only one credible applicant in this close run-up to Xmas. Unfortunately she has failed the credit referencing process (over matters she pre-disclosed)and has no guarantor available. I nonetheless believe we could assist each other, at least on an interim (say 2-3 month) basis.
(1) Would it be legally possible to use a holiday let style agreement (which of course grants no security of tenure per se) for a probationary period? The applicant states that she has no dependents.
(2) Could any legal difficulties ("landlord seeks to evade statutory protections for his tenants") be avoided simply by asking her
(a) to seek independent legal advice to explain the implications of a holiday let vs AST and
(b) to sign a witnessed disclaimer agreeing to a holiday let for a limited period
(3) If such a let was established, how would I repossess the property at the end of the let?

An early response would be much appreciated.

19/12/2015 22:41

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband