Join the Residential Landlords Association

Mr Gary kenton

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Mr Gary kenton
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Muggins1
Muggins1
7 Posts
0 Thanks

Please can you advise,I use a letting agent to act on a finders-fee only basis .
I rent in the student market with them on several houses.
They have decided to change their terms and conditions for next student season and want the students to pay the deposit to them initially even though they will not be stakeholders.They then say they will pass it on within the last 5 days before move-in date.I challenged them on this and they say that if a tenant wants to pay early (within the 30 days up to check-in) they will turn them away and invite them to only pay them in the last week prior to move in.They say they'll then pay us.For me,I have always had the tenants details ahead of move in and liaised directly with the tenantto pay me directly the deposit(one month out)so I can register it with Depositguard and provide all the certification etc.on check in day. Has there been some legislation change i have missed? They say they have had trouble with Landlords not registering and this is the only way they can administer now. Do I have any rights here? Or do I have to conform to this "last-minute stress inducing scheme of theirs?

18/11/2019 16:10

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions