HMO? Caledonian Rd, London, N1

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears HMO? Caledonian Rd, London, N1
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
1 Thanks
Good evening. I purchased the Freehold of a small house in Caledonian Rd.in 1988. It is divided into two dwelling units. The upper maisonette is owner-occupied on a long lease, with some 80 years still to run.

The lower flat has been rented out on Assured Shorthold Agreements for many years. The current AST runs through September 2016, and shows a lead tenant and other persons "entitled to live in the property". In September 2015 I sold a 125-year Lease on the lower flat, and retained the Freehold. The new Leaseholders have been receiving the rent from the AST for the past three months.

I was surprised to receive three weeks ago an email from Islington saying I must apply for an HMO License. Perhaps foolishly, I engaged in an exchange of emails with Islington, in which I explained the circumstances, as above. Islington's response was a) the new Laeseholder is being asked to apply for a License and b) even as Freeholder, receiving no rent (except Ground Rent) I must also apply, enclosing a fee of 650.

Is Islington correct in asking me to apply for an HMO License?

Thank you.
This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
26/12/2015 16:33

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband