One of my tenants is missing

You are here : Member Forums Other One of my tenants is missing
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Sandra 1963
9 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi

I have had tenants in one of my properties since 2008; they are good tenants with 3 children. Back in the summer we agreed a new tenancy with an increase (for end of Oct) as we do every year. They were going on holiday to visit his family in Tunisia in Sept. Whilst away, the husband went kayaking at sea with a cousin and has not returned despite the best efforts of the Tunisian navy and the coast guard. Not wanting to add any pressure to an awful situation I said we would allow the tenancy to run into a periodic tenancy until she returned home. She has now done so and I said we would draw up a new 12 month tenancy from the end of Jan. It seems we are all happy about this but as her husband is not able to sign the contract am I able to have it in her name only because technically he is only missing and I've never given him notice to quit and the rent is still being paid in his name. I don't want to be insensitive to her plight but for her and I, I need to know the correct way forward.

Many thanks for any help or the legal implications of this situation

S
29/12/2015 13:43

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband