changing tenancy within 6 months AST period

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits changing tenancy within 6 months AST period
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
4 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi team,

I have agreed to end a tenancy early after less than 4 months as the current tenants' situation has changed. They have lined up new tenants for me, who I have interviewed and am happy to take over the property. I have written a letter to release these tenants from the AST, including that I am happy to return the full deposit and 12 days of overpaid rent for the month.

The new tenants will take over the property the day afterwards, ie January 1st 2016. We have signed the new standard AST together, I have received the first month's rent and full deposit already. The next step will be for the new tenants to change over the names on all the bills, and for me to register the deposit with Deposit Guard.

This has all caused a measure of hassle, but I'm on top of it. In true Christmas spirit I have not charged for any of the extra effort / paperwork (that's my style). I'm thinking of charging for the Deposit Guard fee though - is this legitimate? Once again I need to provide the prescribed information, EPC, gas safety certificate.

Have I forgotten anything? Out of interest, who would charge extras?

kind regards,
Tony Richmond
30/12/2015 09:55

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband