Judicial Review on Tax Relief on Interest

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Judicial Review on Tax Relief on Interest
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Leeds Landlord
63 Posts
3 Thanks
Good Morning all

Articles in the Daily Telegraph 26/12/15 and Guardian 27/12/15 report that a group of landlords are effectively bringing a class action for Judicial Review of clause 24 of 2015 Finance Act.

On 26/12/15 using the website www.crowdjustice.co.uk/case/clause24/ a appeal was launched to raise 15,000 to get the ball rolling, with an initial target of 50,000 to then take it further. In four days 596 Landlords had donated 42,000 to take it forward.

You need to take a look at the case presented on the crowdjustice web site. At the end of the day my gut feeling is it will probably be defeated, but as the new system of tax relief is personally going to cost me 10K in extra tax I have made a modest donation.

At least someone is having a proper examination of this and trying to establish if it legal.

I urge you to read the articles and in particular an outline of the legal argument on the crowdjustice website. If appropriate then supporting this cause.

Thank you and Happy New Year ( its got to better than the last, thanks to George O.)

LL

31/12/2015 08:19

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband