Missing tenant

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello,
I have a tenant who has not paid his rent (due 1/12/15). His next rent is due tomorrow though I don't anticipate receiving this. I have tried to contact him since the beginning of December-phone calls, texts, email and a hand delivered copy of the RLA "friendly" chase letter. All have gone unanswered.
It appears to me as if he may have left the property. All of his clothes and valuables have been removed. The only things left are the bedding on the bed, and a few items of food. The room looks very much as if it has been abandoned.
He is on a 6 month AST which expires on 2nd March 2016.
We have contacted his mother who says that she's "not in touch with him but wouldn't be surprised if he's done a runner as he's done it before".
His ex girlfriend contacted us to say he was in hospital but she wasn't sure where and he was unable to use his own phone so was using his mate's. I don't believe this last comment to be true as his phone still rings out when called so it must be being charged.
None of the other tenants in the HMO have seen or heard from him.
I would like to know what our options are in order to repossess the property as soon as possible in order to minimise our losses. At present we have a deposit lodged with the DPS of 1.5months rent.

I look forward to hearing from you. Happy New Year
31/12/2015 16:49

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband