Join the Residential Landlords Association

Dogs, Cats and other animals

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Dogs, Cats and other animals
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
notafatcat
notafatcat
8 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi All

A little bit of a advise please, a tenant in a studio now has a dog. She has informed me that the dog is her Mothers service animal, her Mother has had a stroke and is unwell at the moment but once her Mother recuperates, she will return the dog to her. She also claims the dog helps with her anxiety and depression.

Ive recieved a complaint about the dog barking, it doesnt seem to do it much during the day but according to the complainer, its a nightmare in the evenings and weekends.

There is a clause in the tenancy which clearly states no pets. However, when I have looked into it, permission should be sought and cannot be withheld, unreasonable. I would not have given permission, as the accommodation is just unsuitable.

My Solicitor, doesnt think I'd get an evicition purely because of the extenuating circumstances. I'm reluctant to start proceedings with that advice ringing in my ears. Any thoughts.

Thank you in advance.

Karen

21/11/2019 12:42

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions