Join the Residential Landlords Association

Transferring to High Court - good reasons

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Transferring to High Court - good reasons
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
sn
sn
1 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi

A question to those of you who transferred (or tried) a case from County Court to the High Court in order to get HC bailiffs involved: what reasons to use and what reasons to avoid bringing up when speaking with the CC judge? What to say what not to? What questions from the judge should I anticipate?

Some background: I have the 2nd hearing soon. Section 8. During the 1st hearing, the judge ruled in my favour (the tenants did not even bother to show up). When I applied for the transfer to HC (hoping it's just a formality) aiming to get HC bailiffs, the CC judge instead approving it invited me to another hearing to decide that (what a waste of time!).
My primary reason is time (HC bailiffs have the reputation of being faster and more effective). The secondary reason is that the tenant is not allowing me to inspect the property, nor letting anyone else in (inc. a gas safety engineer to renew the annual gas safety check) which cause concern about the state and security of the property.
I did not hire a solicitor to represent me (probably a mistake, but too late to arrange anybody now at a decent rate).
What are any other reasons to transfer such case that have been proven effective in court?

21/11/2019 19:42

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions