What should a person do when Letting Agent, Builder and tenant collude to cheat you?

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents What should a person do when Letting Agent, Builder and tenant collude to cheat you?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
nijjhar
151 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi Brethren,

Fire in the kitchen damaged the property kitchen including the kitchen units. I made the insurance claim and my letting agent recommended me a builder to do the job. I agreed to it. The builder gave a quotation for the Kitchen Pack worth 2400 but my agent and the builder would not ​me ​let know what it was made up of. I have asked my agent several times but they are purposely ignoring to get the details with the result that my tenant has started to make claims that she paid for the cooker and the relevant units. What are mine are the units fitted in the wall and under the working tops.

I visited my agent in person and asked them that I want to see the builder to know the details of the package and my agent told me that the builder is sick unable to show me. I did sense some foul play but what could I do. It was a blatant lie.

I stayed overnight in one of my empty properties. During the night someone punctured my front tyre with a sharp object like a dart on the side of the tyre. The tyre was inflated by the SMD Tyres, Brown Street South, Leigh and he straight away told me that someone has darted my tyre and as it is on the side, it could not be repaired. So, I paid 46.00 for the replacement tyre. I have the feeling that one of my tenants did it as such thing never happened ​to me ​in the past.

I reported this incidence to Police on 07/12/2015 around 0925 and they registered a crime under ref. 217672U/15.

Recently my agent presented a bill of 230.00 for changing tap, shower and some other job but when I challenged that tap is covered under Homeserve, and then my agent changed the version and told me that it was changed by Homeserve. I will ring Homeserve to ask them if they did​ it​. It is again a lie. So, I have discovered that my letting agent is racist and has started pitching my tenants against me.

Further, on my visit to my tenant, I found the front bay window was cracked and it was newly fitted. My tenant made the claim that she paid for this double-glazed panel and I suspect that builder put this cracked panel and took away the good panel to replace it later on to double charge me for nothing but to cheat. The same trick may be on other panels to make a heavy bill against me.

This is the short story and I wonder if I should report to Police that the puncture on my tyre could be a wilful damage related to racial discrimination.
05/01/2016 16:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband