Join the Residential Landlords Association

I do not think I can section 8 or 21.

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 I do not think I can section 8 or 21.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
MarthaP
MarthaP
3 Posts
0 Thanks

I do not know where to start first. I am unsure of how or what to do. My situation is I used to rent out a property on a vocal agreement to a friend. He passed away last winter so I decided to make a new agreement with his girlfriend, it seemed the right thing to do. We just wrote a quick agreement on what the rent would be on a piece of paper each and signed it.

She has now moved out, into long term care. I am no longer paid any rent. I did not get an energy certificate when she started renting, I did not know one was required these days.

But I do not have anything on paper saying that she has given me the property back. Her family seem the type to take advantage and claim unfair eviction if I just retake the property, they are very compensation aware. From reading I do not think I can do either section 8 or section 21. What do I do.

23/11/2019 11:19

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions