Join the Residential Landlords Association

BTL tax advice for non-resident

You are here : Member Forums Tax Planning and Financial BTL tax advice for non-resident
Goli_E
Goli_E
2 Posts
0 Thanks

Hello, I am a UK citizen working in Germany and so non-resident in the UK. My wife and I have a HMO in the UK held privately (not Ltd). I am 11 years away from retirement and my faith in future pension provision is low, so I am planning to cash in some of my pension pot to buy x2 BTL flats (70% LTV) which we plan to use as supplemental pension income in old age and then pass on to our children. We plan to spend retirement back in the UK (mainly).

My main initial concern is whether it would be beneficial to run this investment through a limited company or whether to keep it on a personal basis?
If I go the Ltd route, are there benefits/downsides to transferring my existing HMO into the company?
Does anyone know where I can get good tax advice on my situation, which takes account of my current non-resident status?
If there are other non-resident landlords out there I would be interested to hear your experiences.

24/11/2019 15:01

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions