Misc Issues Arising Wrt Landlord Claims Against Deposit/ First Instalment

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Misc Issues Arising Wrt Landlord Claims Against Deposit/ First Instalment
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Tom39
150 Posts
5 Thanks
Dear Sirs,

One of my tenants has recently vacated - in the immediate run-up to Xmas. Her deposit was registered with Deposit Guard and her AST was the standard RLA Deposit Guard format. Five issues have arisen wrt calculation of the returnable deposit sum.

(1) The tenant employed a professional firm to clean the house - in her absence - before handing back the property keys. This firm threw out the PAYG electricity card that she was issued with at the outset of the tenancy. She didn't realise this before closing her electricity account. To obtain a new key, I have had to open a new account and wait for a replacement card to be posted to the property address in accordance with the utility company's standing procedures. No credit was left on the meter. The property is therefore un-lettable until the replacement card is received and activated. I have tenant applicants who could have moved in immediately but cannot. I have therefore lost income. Will I be able to set-off this lost income against her deposit?
06/01/2016 13:57

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband