Rogue letting agent

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Rogue letting agent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
nijjhar
152 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi,

I have an empty property and gave to a reliable letting Agent after visiting him and discussing all aspects of tenancy. My Agents advertised the property to-let and a rogue letting agent picked up the information about the owner of the property from the Land Registry and writes me a letter that he could find me a tenant in no time.

So, out of curiousity, I contacted him and told him that I have already have an Agent and I cannot let you have it. He told me that he can talk to my Agent and will arrange sharing fees with him. I said, it could not be possible. This rogue Agent insisted upon seeing the property and I told my tenant next door to let him have a viewing. Then, he asked me if he could take the key away to get a duplicate key cut, which I refused. So, he handed the key back and then claims that he has shown the property to a couple and they have agreed to move in this coming Saturday. It is a young unmarried couple of 25 or so and I told this agent that I am not interested in young couples. I again stressed that I deal with my appointed Agent and I do not want to deal with you. My Agent told me that this rogue letting agent has taken three of their landlords through this dirty trick.

After all that refusal and angry rebukes by my Agent, this rogue Agent still insisted on moving this couple into my property at the weekend. So, today, I have to change the locks in case he has made a duplicate key through impression.

From the behaviour of this rogue letting agent, it seems Ombudsman is Useless toothless dog with no value to public otherwise how could such rogue letting agents exist?

TERRIBLE WORLD OF CROOKS.

RLA should keep a list of recommended Letting and Estate Agents for us to deal with. Honest Letting Agents should be encouraged but RLA is not bothered. Bad letting Agents will disappear slowly starved of business.

Any suggestion of an honest to God Estate Agent in Wigan area please?
07/01/2016 00:28

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband